A National Designated Authority (NDA) is an official point of contact for communication with the Green Climate Fund (GCF). The Government of the Republic of North Macedonia nominated the Cabinet of the Deputy President of the Government of North Macedonia in charge of economic affairs and coordination with economic sectors as its NDA to the GCF.
In accordance with the requirements of the Green Climate Fund, the NDA is a competent authority with a high strategic function and is linked to the country's national budget, economic policies, development priorities and plans as well as sustainable development policies.
NDA responsibilities include:
- Strategic oversight and ensuring that the GCF activities in North Macedonia are aligned with the national climate and sustainable development objectives and frameworks.
- Convening public, private and civil society stakeholders to identify priorities to be financed by the GCF.
- Engaging with public, private sector and non-governmental entities seeking GCF accreditation and nominating such entities for direct access accreditation.
- Ensuring consistency of funding proposals with national climate change plans and priorities.
- Leading deployment of the GCF readiness and preparatory support funding in the country.
In the process of development and implementation of GCF-funded projects, the accredited entities work together with national institutions and coordinate the process with the NDA in North Macedonia.
The NDA is the first contact point for the national entities, including public, private or non-governmental institutions, interested in accreditation with the Green Climate Fund. The NDA is also the focal point for approval of GCF post-accreditation support, i.e. Readiness support provided to build the capacities of Direct Access Entities that received GCF accreditation.